Zaurus Internet Chat
Quick Downloads: zic-0.2.ipk |
What is Zic?
Zic is a graphical IRC (Internet Relay Chat) client for Qtopia (formerly
qpe). It is designed for (and tested on) the Sharp SL-5000 series PDA
(Zaurus), but will run on the Compaq iPaq under Qtopia as well.
Features (or lack thereof)
THIS IS A VERY EARLY VERSION. Some features which are planned may not
have been implemented yet. Expect many bugs. Do not blame me if Zic manages
to break your computer.
Things that you can do with Zic v0.2:
Things that you can't do with Zic v0.2:
- Connect to an IRC server
- Join / Leave channels
- Talk in channels
- Send / recieve messages (PRIVMSG and NOTICE)
- Set modes (using the /mode command, not /op etc)
- Change your nick
- Use /quote to send raw text to the server
Please feel free to send me feedback and feature-requests.
- Send / recieve any form of DCC (does anyone actually want this on a PDA?)
- Use /whois, /who, or many other commands
- Connect to more than one IRC server at once
- Re-order the tabs
- Set your username (ident). It's hardcoded to zic. Sorry!
- Set your realname. It's hardcoded to "Zaurus Internet Chat". Sorry!
Bugs / Known issues
I'm sure there are more than this, but the ones that spring to mind are:
There are bound to be many more, and more serious, bugs than are listed
here. Please send me bug reports. You can get a raw server window and a
debug window by compiling with IRCDEBUG defined (in options.h)
- The windows do not have any length limit on them (lines, or bytes), so
you can expect that if you use Zic for a long period in active channels,
you may run into memory problems
- /quit will not close the connection to the server. It is expected that
the server will do this. If there is a lot of latency, you might not
sign off quickly. /server will close the connection and open a new one.
- Some server messages are displayed incompletely in the server window.
- Some CTCP/colour parsing may not work, in particular background colours will
not be displayed, and underline will not be shown.
- Lots of pop-up menus. On the userlist, the channel window, the tabs, etc.
- Fixes to the bugs listed above
- Poll: Would a dropdown box containing user-defined preset phrases be
useful, or annoying?
- Topic bar
- Menu bar
- Support for changing the background and text colours
- Anything else that will mean you have to type less :)
Contact me: zic AT mainmast.org.uk